From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Something that is portable can be carried or easily moved. The word portable may also refer to:
- Portable building, a manufactured building that is built off site and moved in upon completion of site and utility work
- Portable classroom, a temporary building installed on the grounds of a school to provide additional classroom space where there is a shortage of capacity
- Portable toilet, a modern, portable, self-contained outhouse manufactured of moulded plastic
- Portable object (computing), a distributed computing term for an object which can be accessed through a normal method call while possibly residing in memory on another computer
- Portable software, software that can easily be ported to multiple platforms
- Portable applications, applications that do not require any kind of installation onto a computer, and can store data in the program's directory
- Portable communications device, a wearable or handheld device
- Portable audio player, a personal electronic device that allows the user to listen to recorded or broadcast audio whilst being mobile
- Portable computer, a computer that is designed to be moved from one place to another
- Handheld game console, a lightweight, portable electronic machine for playing video games
- Portable Life, a 1999 album by Danielle Brisebois
Other pages[change | edit source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.