From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|— City —|
|Nickname(s): The Preferred Community, The Fountain City|
|• Mayor||Jim B. (R)|
|• Total||23.9 sq mi (61.9 km2)|
|• Land||23.2 sq mi (60 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|Elevation||328 ft (100 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0125246|
Prattville is a city in Autauga and Elmore counties in the U.S. state of Alabama. It is the county seat of Autauga County. As of the 2010 Census, the population of the city is 33,960. The city is northwest of Montgomery.
- John Martin, Author Travel and History
- Rodger Morrison, Author and Researcher
- Marlon Anderson, Major League Baseball player
- Evan Crawford, Major League Baseball player
- Bobby Jon Drinkard, contestant on Reality television shows Survivor: Palau and Survivor: Guatemala
- Roman Harper, NFL player.
- Wilson Pickett (March 18, 1941 – January 19, 2006), R&B and soul singer and songwriter
- Kevin Turner, NFL player
- "Annual Estimates of the Population for Incorporated Places in Alabama, Listed Alphabetically: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2006" (CSV). 2007 Population Estimates. U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division. June 28 2007. http://www.census.gov/popest/cities/tables/SUB-EST2006-04-01.csv. Retrieved June 28, 2007.
- Benn, Alvin (February 28, 2010). "Prattville turns out to welcome Saints star home". Montgomery Advertiser (Gannett). http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20100228/NEWS01/2280333/Prattville-turns-out-to-welcome-Saints-star-home. Retrieved 2010-03-30.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Prattville, Alabama|