Prince of Wales (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prince of Wales is the title traditionally given to the heir apparent to the reigning monarch of the United Kingdom. It originated as the title of current princes of Wales in the 12th and 13th centuries.
- It is currently used by Charles, Prince of Wales.
- The previous holder, Charles' great-uncle, became Edward VIII, later Duke of Windsor.
- Albert Edward who became Edward VII held the title longer than any other in history.
- George IV of the United Kingdom (1762-1830)
The name Prince of Wales may also refer to:
- Prince of Wales Bridge between Ottawa, Ontario, and Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
- Prince of Wales Fort, historic HBC fort at Churchill, Manitoba, Canada
- Prince of Wales Strait, in the Northwest Territories of Canada separating Banks Island to the northwest from Victoria Island to the southeast
- Cape Prince of Wales, the westernmost point of the North American mainland
- Prince of Wales Mountains, a mountain range on Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, Canada
- Prince of Wales Range, mountain range on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Prince of Wales Island (Alaska), USA
- Prince of Wales Island (Nunavut), Canada
- Prince of Wales Island (Queensland) is one of the Torres Strait Islands in Queensland, Australia
- Prince of Wales Island, Malaysia; now named Penang Island
- HMS Prince of Wales, several ships of the Royal Navy; most recently and famously:
- HMS Prince of Wales (1939), a battleship launched in 1939 and sunk by Japanese bombers in December 1941
- Prince of Wales (ship), convict transport ship on First Fleet to Australia
- HM Packet Ship Prince of Wales, The Sinking of the Rochdale and the Prince of Wales in 1807 with the loss of 400
- Prince of Wales Secondary School in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Prince of Wales Public School (Barrie, ON), a public school in Barrie, Ontario
- Prince of Wales Public School (Belleville, ON), a public school in Belleville, Ontario
- Prince of Wales Public School (Brockville, ON), a public school in Brockville, Ontario
- Prince of Wales Public School (Peterborough, ON), a public school in Peterborough, Ontario
- Prince of Wales tea blend, a regal tea blend typically served in the afternoon with scones
- National Hockey League's Prince of Wales Conference (now known as Eastern Conference)
- Prince of Wales Trophy, of the National Hockey League
- Prince of Wales Theatre, in Coventry Street, London, host to a number of famous productions since the late 19th century
- A former West End theatre, the Scala Theatre, Charlotte Street, also known as the Prince of Wales's Theatre
- Prince of Wales is a popular pub name in England
Other pages [change]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.