From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There were 128 Americans on board. They were killed when the ship sank. At first President Woodrow Wilson only asked the German government to apologize and compensate the families of the victims.
- RMS is an acronym. RMS stands for Royal Mail Ship or Steamer. RMS is a ship prefix for vessels that carry mail under contract to the British Royal Mail.
- AwesomeStories.com, Lusitania Sinking, "Lusitania"; retrieved 2012-8-21.
- AwesomeStories.com, Lusitania Sinking, "Ammunition on board?"; retrieved 2012-8-21.
- AwesomeStories.com, Lusitania Sinking, "The War Effort"; retrieved 2012-8-21.
Other websites [change]
- Media related to Lusitania (ship, 1907) at Wikimedia Commons
- The Home Port of RMS Lusitania – Lusitania.net
- RMS Lusitania on the wrecksite
- British Wreck Commissioner's Inquiry