Witherspoon in May 2011
|Born||Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
March 22, 1976
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
|Occupation||Actress, film producer|
(m.1999–2008, divorced; 2 children)
(m.2011–present; 1 child)
|Children||Ava Elizabeth Phillippe
(September 9, 1999 )
Deacon Reese Phillippe
(October 23, 2003 )
Tennessee James Toth
(September 27, 2012 )
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon (born March 22, 1976) is an American actress and film producer.
Because Witherspoon's father worked for the U.S. military in Wiesbaden, Germany, she lived there for four years as a child. After returning to the U.S., she spent her childhood in Nashville, Tennessee. She was raised as an Episcopalian.
She has starred in many motion pictures. Notable movies by Witherspoon include Election, Legally Blonde, and Walk the Line.
From 1999 to 2008 Reese was married to actor Ryan Phillippe (b.1974). They have two children together — daughter named Ava Elizabeth Phillippe (b.September 9, 1999) and son named Deacon Reese Phillippe (b.October 23, 2003).
Reese has been married for the 2nd time to talent agent Jim Toth since March 26, 2011. They have one son together named Tennessee James Toth (b.September 27, 2012).
|2003||Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde||Executive Producer|
|2000||King of the Hill||Debbie||2 episodes
|2000||Friends||Jill Green||2 episodes 'The One With Rachel's Sister' 'The One Where Chandler Can't Cry'
Nominated – American Comedy Award for Funniest Female Guest Appearance in a TV Series
|2002||The Simpsons||Greta Wolfcastle||1 episode
|2003||Freedom: A History of Us||Various roles||3 episodes|
|2009||Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space||Susan Murphy / Ginormica||Halloween TV Special
|2011-2012||After Lately||Herself||2 Episodes|
|2005||Walk the Line|
- Wills, Dominic. "Reese Witherspoon biography (page 1)". Tiscali. http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/reese_witherspoon_biog.html. Retrieved 2007-11-26.
- Flockhart, Hary (2007-10-19). "Reese revels in her Scots (blonde) roots". The Scotsman. UK. Archived from the original on 2008-01-06. http://web.archive.org/web/20080106191707/http://living.scotsman.com/ViewArticle.aspx?articleid=3472177. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Reese: Kids are my top priority". The Sun (UK). April 6, 2009. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/parenting/article2356641.ece. Retrieved September 19, 2010.
- Grant, Meg (2005-09-30). "Face to Face With Reese Witherspoon". Reader's Digest. Archived from the original on 2008-05-12. http://web.archive.org/web/20080512055151/http://www.rd.com/face-to-face-with-reese-witherspoon/article18040-3.html. Retrieved 2009-10-19.
- Gardner, Elysa (1998-09-13). "Reese Witherspoon; Commitment, Success and the Age of Ambivalence". New York Times. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E01E0DA1F3FF930A2575AC0A96E958260. Retrieved 2007-10-25.
- Wills, Dominic. "Reese Witherspoon biography (page 2)". Tiscali. http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/reese_witherspoon_biog/2. Retrieved 2007-11-26.
- Patterson, John (2003-07-26). "Blond ambition". Guardian (UK). http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2003/jul/26/patterson.comment. Retrieved 2007-11-26.
- "Reese Witherspoon: A novel challenge for blonde ambition". The Independent. Archived at Findarticles.com. 2005-01-07. Archived from the original on February 18, 2008. http://web.archive.org/web/20080218234602/http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20050107/ai_n9693572. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- Hancock, Tiffany (2006-02-13). "Fashion victim: Reece Witherspoon". The Daily Telegraph (UK). Archived from the original on 2007-12-03. http://web.archive.org/web/20071203034324/http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jhtml?xml=/fashion/2006/02/13/efvictim11.xml. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Welcome – Hollywood Chamber of Commerce". Hollywoodchamber.net. http://www.hollywoodchamber.net/index.php?module=blogs&blog_id=29. Retrieved 2011-02-04.
- Scott, Paul (2006-03-07). "Reese has an Oscar, but can she keep her husband?". Daily Mail (UK). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-379136/Reese-Oscar-husband.html. Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- de Kretser, Leela (2006-10-31). "Split end for a 'Legal blonde'". New York Post. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/split_end_for_legal_blonde_reese_K11HV63Mz7ztl6xhfix2hL. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Entertainment: News In Brief". BBC News. 1999-09-16. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/449118.stm. Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- "Reese Witherspoon gives birth". CNN. 2003-10-29. http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/29/ple.witherspoon.reut/. Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- "Thirteenth Annual Youth in Film Awards". youngartistawards.org. http://www.youngartistawards.org/pastnoms13.htm. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- "Fifteenth Annual Youth in Film Awards". youngartistawards.org. http://www.youngartistawards.org/pastnoms15.htm. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- "Reese Witherspoon". The Biography Channel. http://220.127.116.11:8082/biographies/reese-witherspoon.html. Retrieved 2012-02-01.
- "Reese Witherspoon Awards". uk.movies.yahoo.com. http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/artists/w/Reese-Witherspoon/awards-135363.html. Retrieved 2007-07-04.
- "Reese Witherspoon Award". Yahoo! Movies. http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800018812/awards. Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- "Film Independent Spirit Awards". spiritawards.com. http://www.spiritawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/SA_Nomswinners.pdf. Retrieved 2012-04-10.