Repentance means that a person wants to get rid of the sin that it has committed. In some cases, individuals or nations repent of their sins and are spared God's judgment. Sometimes the punishment avoided is destruction in this life, sometimes it is damnation.
If repentance is successful one speaks of salvation.
Other websites [change]
- Theopedia: Repentance (conservative Calvinist perspective)
- Repent America - Information on Repentance
- Qur'anic view on Repentance
- Repentance - 53 Sins That Will Keep A Person Out Of Heaven
- Jewish Encyclopedia: Repentance