From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Restoration may refer to:
- In art, returning something to a better state, see art conservation and restoration
- In history, a restoration is a historical episode under which a previous government of an area is reinstated (see also: Restauration)
- The English Restoration, after which is named the HMS Restoration
- A period in the History of France, the Bourbon Restoration after 1814
- The Spanish Restoration
- The Swiss Restoration known as the Restauration (Switzerland) after the fall of Napoleon in 1814
- The Restoration period in Germany after the failed revolution of 1848
- Meiji Restoration, a period in Japanese history after 1866
- In criminal justice, restoration is another term for restorative justice
- Circuit restoration, in telecommunications, action taken to repair and return to service one or more telecommunications services
- In architecture, building restoration consists of work performed on a building in order to return it to a previous state of conservation, from which...
- Restoration (TV series), a BBC TV show in the UK highlighting buildings at risk
- Dental restoration, in dentistry, the shaped replacement material for lost tooth structure
- Restoration of vehicles, furniture, appliances, equipment, etc.
- In ecology, restoration represents the return of a landscape, ecosystem, or other ecological entity to a predefined historical state. See Restoration Ecology
- Restoration (newspaper), a Catholic newspaper published by the Madonna House Apostolate
- Restoration (Tremain novel), a 1989 novel by Rose Tremain set during the English Revolution
- Restoration (novel), a 2002 novel by Carol Berg
- The Restoration (movie), a 1909 movie by D.W. Griffith, based on the novel by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Restoration (movie), a 1995 movie set after the English Revolution starring Robert Downey Jr
- Restorationism was a religious movement in 19th century eastern United States and Canada
- Restoration Branches, independent organizations that have left the Community of Christ
- In Christianity, the restoration of a person. An example of this can be found in John 21:15-19 where Peter is restored by Christ
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.