Rihanna in 2012
|Born||February 20, 1988
Saint Michael, Barbados
|Genres||Pop, R&B, dance-pop, reggae|
Rihanna's work has earned her numerous awards. These include five American Music Awards, eighteen Billboard Music Awards, two BRIT Awards and five Grammy Awards. She has a total of eleven number one singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. She became the youngest solo artist to do this. In 2012, American magazine Time named Rihanna one of the most influential people in the world. Rihanna was also ranked the fourth most powerful celebrity in 2012. She had earnings of $53 million between May 2011 and May 2012, according to Forbes.
Rihanna was born in Saint Michael, Barbados to Monica (of Guyanese descent) and Ronald Fenty (of Irish and West Indian descent). She has two younger brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty. She grew up in Bridgetown.
Chris Brown assault[change]
On February 8, 2009 Rihanna was assaulted by her then-boyfriend Chris Brown after Brown was sending messages to a girl. Rihanna got angry and Brown beat her up. The LAPD leaked a photograph to TMZ which showed Rihanna with cuts and bruises on her face. On June 24, 2009, Brown pled guilty to the felony assault and was ordered to five years probation and to stay fifty yards away from Rihanna, unless it is at a public event, which then will it will be reduced to ten yards. In February 2011, the restraining order was changed to allow both singers to appear at awards shows together in the future.
- 2004 - Bring It On: All or Nothing.... As Herself
- 2006 - Mama Black Widow.... Carol Tilson
- 2012 - Battleship Petty Officer (GM2) Cora Raikes
- 2006 -Punk'd
- Rihanna: Live in Concert Tour (2006)
- Good Girl Gone Bad Tour (2007–2009)
- Last Girl on Earth Tour (2010–2011)
- Loud Tour (2011)
- Talk That Talk: Summer Tour (2012)
- Diamonds World Tour (2013)
- Music of the Sun (2005)
- A Girl Like Me (2006)
- Good Girl Gone Bad (or Good Girl Gone Bad:Reloaded) (2007)
- Rated R (2009)
- Loud (2010)
- Talk That Talk (2011)
- Unaplogetic (2012)
- Trust, Gary (April 20, 2011). "Rihanna's 'S&M' Reigns on Hot 100, Lady Gaga's 'Judas' Debuts". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. http://www.billboard.com/#/news/rihanna-s-s-m-reigns-on-hot-100-lady-gaga-1005144922.story. Retrieved January 29, 2012.
- McCartney, Stella (April 18, 2012). "Rihanna - 2012 Time 100: The Most Influential People in the World". Time (Time Inc. (Time Warner)). http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2111975_2111976_2111948,00.html. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Spivey, Lisa (Jan 2007). Rihanna, The New Cover Girl. 72. p. B.5. ISSN 08904340.
- "Rihanna: Biography — Part 1 & 2". People (Time Inc). http://www.people.com/people/rihanna/biography. Retrieved December 16, 2008.
- Friedman, Roger (February 10, 2009). "Chaos in Chris Brown-Rihanna Mess". Fox News. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/02/10/chaos-chris-brown-rihanna-mess/. Retrieved May 13, 2009.
- Kaufman, Gil (February 23, 2009). Gossip Site Defends Posting Of Rihanna Photo. MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1605588/20090223/rihanna.jhtml. Retrieved May 14, 2009.
- TMZ Staff (June 22, 2009). "Chris Brown Cops Plea — No Jail Time". TMZ.com. http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/22/chris-brown-cops-plea-rihanna-assault/. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- Ryan J. Downey (February 22, 2011). "Chris Brown's Restraining Order Modified". MTV. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1658478/chris-brown-restraining-order-lifted.jhtml. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- Pepey, Tracy (February 23, 2011). "Rihanna's Restraining Order Against Chris Brown Lifted". iVillage. http://www.ivillage.com/rihannas-restraining-order-against-chris-brown-lifted/1-a-325572. Retrieved February 13, 2012.