|Born||2 November 1965
New Delhi, India
|Other names||Shah Rukh Khan
|Occupation||Actor, Producer, Television presenter|
|Years active||1988 – present|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (175 centimeters)|
|Spouse||Gauri Khan (1991 – present)|
Shahrukh Khan (born 2 November 1965) is a Bollywood Indian actor. He was born in New Delhi, his grandparents having moved there from Afghanistan and Peshawar. He started his career appearing on television in the late 1980s. He is Muslim and studied at a Muslim school. He is married to Gauri, a Hindu and has two children; Aryan and Suhana. He also has a sister named Shehnaz Lalarukh. He has a master's degree. He is one of the biggest stars in "Bollywood".
Movies[change | change source]
Awards[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Afghan traces Bolly Khans' Pathan roots". Mid Day. 18 May 2011. http://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/may/180511-Kabul-Pathan-community-Hindi-films-Bolly-Khans.htm. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- Swarup, Shubhangi (29 January 2011). "The Kingdom of Khan". India: OPEN (magazine). http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/art-culture/the-kingdom-of-khan. Retrieved 2014-07-16. "Most biographies of Shah Rukh Khan begin with romantic descriptions of Qissa Khawani Bazaar (‘the Street of Storytellers’). It is a market in Peshawar, one that Sir Edward Herbert, a British commissioner of Peshawar, called the ‘Piccadilly of Central Asia’..."
- "The Global Elite – 41: Shahrukh Khan". Newsweek. 20 December 2008. http://www.newsweek.com/id/176325. Retrieved 24 December 2008.
- profile_1_bollywood-indian-cinema-shah-rukh-khan?_s=PM: SHOWBIZ "The King of Bollywood". CNN Entertainment. CNN. 5 February 2008. http://articles.cnn.com/2008-02-05/entertainment/SRK. profile_1_bollywood-indian-cinema-shah-rukh-khan?_s=PM: SHOWBIZ. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
- Saner, Emine (4 August 2006). world "King of Bollywood". The Guardian (London). http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2006/aug/04/india. world. Retrieved 25 June 2011.
Links[change | change source]