From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Granship is a large, public convention facility designed by architect Arata Isozaki.
- Miho no Matsubara is a place on the Miho peninsula with pine trees and views of Mount Fuji on a clear day.
- Nihondaira (日本平). A 308m hill in central Shizuoka with good views of Mt. Fuji, the Izu Peninsula, and Shimizu Bay.
- Kunōzan Tōshō-gū was the original burial place of Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- Shizuoka University
- University of Shizuoka
- Tokai University
- Tokoha Gakuen University
- Shizuoka Eiwa Gakuin University
People from Shizuoka [change]
- Princess Akishino—princess in the Japanese Imperial Family
- Masafumi Goto—lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist of the J-rock band Asian Kung-Fu Generation
- Koji Gyotoku—football player and coach of Bhutan national football team
- Keiko Masuda—Singer, "Kei" of female pop music duo Pink Lady
- Kazuyoshi Miura—football player
- Riyo Mori—Miss Universe 2007
- Mitsuyo Nemoto—Singer, "Mie" of Pink Lady
- Momoko Sakura—cartoonist, creator of Chibi Maruko-chan
- Atsuto Uchida—football player
- Yoshito Usui—creator of Crayon Shin-Chan
- Takahiro Yamada-bassist of Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Relates pages [change]
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Shizuoka" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 876.