|Singapore Changi Airport|
|Iconic control tower of Singapore Changi Airport|
|IATA: SIN – ICAO: WSSS|
|Owner||Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore/
Republic of Singapore Air Force
|Location||Changi, East Region|
|Elevation AMSL||7 m / 22 ft|
|Airfreight movements in tonnes||1,911,000|
|Sources: airport website,, CAAS AIP.|
Singapore Changi Airport (IATA: SIN, ICAO: WSSS), or simply Changi Airport, is a large airport in Asia, particularly in the Southeast Asian region, and is the main airport in Singapore. It is located in Changi on a 13 square kilometres (5.0 sq mi) site.
The airport is operated by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and is the home base of Singapore Airlines, Singapore Airlines Cargo, SilkAir, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Asia Airways, Valuair, and Jett8 Airlines Cargo.
In 2007, the airport handled a record 36,701,556 passengers, a 4.8% increase over the 2006 fiscal year.
References[change | edit source]
- Singapore Changi Airport official web site
- AIP SINGAPORE WSSS AD 2-1 10 MAY 07, AIP SINGAPORE WSSS AD 2-11 18 JAN 07, AIP SINGAPORE WSSS AD 2-31 20 DEC 07
- Singapore Changi Airport (2008-01-28). "Singapore Changi Airport Registers Another Record Year for Passenger Traffic". Press release. http://www.changiairport.com/changi/en/about_us/media.html?__locale=en.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Singapore Changi Airport|
- Singapore Changi Airport Official Site
- Singapore Changi Airport Official Site, Terminal 3
- Singapore Changi Airport Budget Terminal Official Website
- Singapore Changi Airport Article
- Singapore Changi Terminal 3 Opens