|This box shows the color spring bud.|
Spring bud is the color that used to be called spring green before the X11 web color spring green was formulated in 1987 when the X11 colors were first invented. This color is now called spring bud to avoid confusion with the web color. 
The color spring bud is also called soft spring green or spring green (traditional).
Meaning of spring bud[change | edit source]
- The color spring bud is representative of and brings to mind the young buds of growing vegetation in early spring, and thus it is associated with new life.
Tones of spring bud color comparison chart[change | edit source]
- Pale Spring Bud ("Spring Green" (Crayola)) (Hex: #ECEBBD) (RGB: 236, 235, 189)
- Medium Spring Bud (Spring Green (ISCC-NBS)) (June Green (Plochere)) (Hex: #C9DC89) (RGB: 201, 220, 137)
- Go Bunny Go (Colour Lovers 2011 Color of the Year) (Hex: #C2E20D) (RGB: 194, 226, 13)
- June Bud (ISCC-NBS) (Growth Green (Plochere)) (Hex: #BDDA57) (RGB: 189, 218, 87)
- SPRING BUD (Spring Green (Maerz & Paul)) (Hex: #A7FC00) (RGB: 167, 252, 0)
- Go Go Go (Resene color list) (Hex: #98DF62) (RGB: 152, 223, 98)
- Dizzy Lizzy (Resene color list) (Hex: #80CA2B) (RGB: 128, 202, 43)
- Bud Green (Pantone TPX 15-6442} (Hex: #7BB661) (RGB: 123, 182, 97)
- Groovy (Resene color list} (Hex: #5CA345) (RGB: 92, 163, 69)
- May Green (RAL 6017) (Hex: #4C9141) (RGB: 76, 145, 65)
References[change | edit source]
- The color spring bud:
- The color displayed in the color box above matches the color called spring green in the 1930 book by Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill; the color spring green is displayed on page 59, Plate 18, Color Sample J7.
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 205; Color Sample of Spring Green: Page 59 Plate 18 Color Sample J7 (Note: Before the formulation of the X11 color list color spring green in 1987, Spring Green was thought of as a light green tinted toward the yellow that is shown in the color box above labeled spring bud and in the color sample labeled spring green in Maerz and Paul, instead of the pure spectrum web color spring green halfway between green and cyan that is now regarded as the color spring green.)