St. Anne's Catholic Secondary School
|St. Anne's Catholic Secondary School
(St. Anne's CSS)
|Clinton, Ontario, Canada|
|Motto||"in alis aquilae"|
|Principal||Ms. Jodi Kuran|
|Enrollment||600 (in 2010)|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and Burgundy|
|Affiliations||St. Peter's Roman Catholic Parish, Goderich Ontario|
|Information||353 Ontario St., Box 490 Clinton, ON N0M 1L0
Phone: (519) 482-5454
Fax: (519) 482-5456
St. Anne's Catholic Secondary School is a Catholic high school in Clinton, Ontario, Canada. It is known for it's sports teams and good marks. It serves students from grades nine to twelve. The motto of St. Anne's is "in alis aquilae" which is Latin for "on eagle's wings". This motto comes from the Bible (the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 40).
St. Anne's was built in the town of Clinton, Ontario. When the school opened only 139 students went there. The students came from Huron County. In 2009, 600 people went there.. The school was built to provide a French and faith-based education. St. Anne's is the only French-Immersion Catholic school in the county.
The school board is the Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board (HPCDSB).
St. Anne's is a uniform school, the only in the region and school board. The uniform consists of what a teen would normally wear, however the clothes are either plaid, navy, burgundy, kaki or white.
St. Anne's is a Catholic school. Most students are Roman Catholics, however students of other religions are allowed and welcome in the school. All students must take a religion course each school year. To graduate, students need four religion credits. This course is offered in French Immersion.
St. Anne's has many sports teams and clubs. The most popular team are the boy's rugby and hockey teams. Girls' teams consists of the popular field hockey and rugby teams.
St. Anne's sports teams include:
- Cross-country running
St. Anne's has numerous clubs and groups. They include:
- Band (An extension of music class, it is responsible for music at masses, assemblies and concerts)
- Chess Club
- God-Squad (A religious group)
- The Math Team
- Me to We
- Students for Life (Anti-abortion group)
- Writers' Guild (Creative writing)
St. Anne's also has a Student Cabinet. Elections are held in the spring. Student Cabinet is in charge projects like dances and fundraisers. Each member of Student Cabinet has their own job relating to their elected position.
- "Public school Grade 9s ace EQAO tests". The Beacon Herald. http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1208845. Retrieved September 3, 2010.
- "Home". St. Anne's Catholic Secondary School. http://sacss.hpcdsb.edu.on.ca/. Retrieved August 23, 2010.
- "About Us". St. Anne's Catholic Secondary School. http://sacss.hpcdsb.edu.on.ca/aboutus.htm. Retrieved November 11, 2010.