From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Staple may mean:
- Staple (fastener), a small piece of metal used to hold sheets of material or wires together
- Staple food, a food that is the basic part of a diet. This meaning is often used to cover other areas besides food (A rollercoaster is a theme park staple).
- Staple (textiles) is the raw material, or its length and quality, of fibre from which textiles are made. It is the material in its standard form as a traded commodity.
- The Staple Singers, a United States gospel, soul, and R&B singing group.
- Staple (band), a Christian post-hardcore band.
- STAPLE!, a convention for creators of comics, minicomics, and other independent media
Places[change | edit source]
- A staple port was one in which trade in specified goods was regulated. The term is a medieval one. Normally the king licensed a particular group of merchants to trade in the commodity, in an area such as his kingdom and their trading had to be done in the staple town or port.
- The staple was the staple port where wool exports were traded. From 1363 to 1558, this was at Calais.
- Staple, Nord (pronunciation: stohpl) is a commune in the Nord département of France. This is the name in its Flemish form.
- Étaples, Pas-de-Calais, is another place in which the word appears but in its French form.
- Staple, Kent is a village in Kent, England near Sandwich.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.