From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: state.|
State may mean:
- A state in politics, which is the same as a country or a nation.
- A city-state in politics, which is a city that is an independent nation.
- A nation state in politics, where the people living in a country have the same nationality.
- A sovereign state in politics
- A U.S. state, one of the 50 members of the United States. A U.S. state is like a province, prefecture, or district in another country.
- A state of matter in chemistry. For example, solid, liquid, or gas.
- An equation of state in thermodynamics.
- An oxidation state in chemistry, referring to the number of electrons added or subtracted from an atom
- State (computer science), a unique configuration of information in a program or machine
- State (printmaking), a unique form of a print, caused by a deliberate change to a matrix
- State (software), animation software for YouTube and social media sites
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.