A state funeral is a public funeral ceremony which is made for people who died that were very important in their country. Usually with a state funeral, there also comes a day where everyone mourns the person who died.
State funerals have been granted to many famous people such as Ronald Reagan, Nelson Mandela, John F. Kennedy, José Alencar, John Atta Mills, Ariel Sharon, Edmund Hillary, Winston Churchill, Boris Yeltsin, Robert F. Kennedy, Lech Kaczyński, Néstor Kirchner, Adolfo Suárez, Lyndon B. Johnson, Norodom Sihanouk, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Kim Jong-il, Joseph Stalin, Gerald Ford, Eva Perón, Hugo Chávez, Jack Layton, Pope John Paul II, Victor Hugo, Bob Marley, Meles Zenawi, Harold Washington, Walter Sisulu, Jesse Robredo, Carlos Fuentes, Margaret Thatcher, Mother Teresa, Indira Gandhi, Rasputin, Leonid Brezhnev, Václav Havel, and Gandhi.
See also[change | change source]
- Death and state funeral of Ronald Reagan
- Death and state funeral of Nelson Mandela
- Death and state funeral of Ariel Sharon
- Death and funeral of Néstor Kirchner
- Death and funeral of Hugo Chávez
- Death and funeral of Lech Kaczyński and Maria Kaczyńska