Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
|'Super Smash Bros.
for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U'
Bandai Namco Games
|Series||Super Smash Bros.|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 3DS, Wii U|
|Release date(s)||October 3, 2014 (3DS)
November 21, 2014 (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U are two upcoming fighting video games for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U game consoles. They will be developed by Sora Ltd. and Namco Bandai Games and published by Nintendo. They will act as the fourth game in the Super Smash Bros. series. The 3DS game will be released on October 3, 2014, while the Wii U game will be released in Winter 2014.
Like past games in the series, Super Smash Bros. involves characters from Nintendo series fighting against each other, with the object of knocking opponents off of the stage in some way. Characters from past Super Smash Bros. games that will be in these games include Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Link, Princess Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Fox McCloud, Kirby, King Dedede, Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus Aran, Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Ike, Pit, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Olimar. Six new characters will be in the games: Villager from the Animal Crossing series, Mega Man from the Mega Man series, the Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina from the Mario series., Little Mac from the Punch-Out!! series, Greninja from the Pokémon series, the Mii, Palutena from the Kid Icarus series, and Pac-Man from the Pac-Man series. There are also many hidden characters to be unlocked dubbed "Secret Characters" by the official Super Smash Bros. Website. The Wii U version will have high-definition graphics, while the Nintendo 3DS version will have cel-shaded (computer graphics made to look like they were drawn by hand) graphics. Both versions will have the same number of characters, but will have stages that will only be in either version. The Nintendo 3DS version will have more stages based on Nintendo's handheld video games, while the Wii U version will have more stages based on their console video games. For the first time in the series, players will be able to change the movesets of characters. They will be able to play with characters they have changed the movesets of in single-player and with friends.
References[change | change source]
- Dyer, Mitch (June 10, 2014). "E3 2014: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Delayed". IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-super-smash-bros-for-3ds-delayed.
- Dyer, Mitch (April 8, 2014). "Charizard and Greninja Announced for Super Smash Bros.". IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/08/two-playable-pokemon-announced-for-super-smash-bros. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Villager". Smashbros.com. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/villager.html.
- "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Mega Man". Smashbros.com. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/mega_man.html.
- "Wii Fit Trainer a playable character in Super Smash Bros.". Polygon. 2013-06-07. http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4419904/wii-fit-trainer-also-coming-to-super-smash-bros.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Rosalina & Luma
- "Polygon: You can import your Mii to fight in the next Super Smash Bros.". Polygon. http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/10/5792076/super-smash-bros-wii-u-mii-fighter. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: Pac-Man". Smashbros.com. http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pac-man.html. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- "Custom Move Sets Added For Smash Bros, But Can't Be Used In Online Multiplayer Matchmaker". http://mynintendonews.com/2014/04/08/custom-move-sets-added-for-smash-bros-but-cant-be-used-in-online-multiplayer/.
Other websites[change | change source]