Tea Lore includes art, culture, history, and ceremony. Tea Lore can be compared to and has some of the same qualities as music, art, or literature. Tea is also an intricate part of Calligraphy, Floral Arts, Incense Arts, and Scroll Arrangement. These are five Classical Chinese Arts. In another sense it is the facts and traditions of tea and tea ceremony, and the accumulation over time through experience. Lore, all the facts and traditions about a particular subject that have been accumulated over time through education or experience. Tea Lore can also be described as to include not only the acquired knowledge or traditional beliefs, but the myths that also revolve around the subject of tea.
Uses Of Tea [change]
- Assistment in fortune telling
- Expressing Arts
Terminology of dao/tao with respect to tea [change]
- The term Chinese:chadao or Japanese:chado in English is a difficult translation task.
- In most common use and easy to express translation is "tea ceremony".
- A direct translation is "the way of tea" or "the dao of tea".
- Another term is "teaism", yet some only signify this with Japanese tea.
- Similar terms are "tea arts" and "tea culture".
- While the word lore is usually not used in this context, another term used is "tea lore".