From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: terror.|
Terror is a state of fear, an overwhelming sense of imminent danger.
- See Horror
Terror could also mean:
- In history
- Reign of Terror, a period of extreme violence, 1793 - 1794, during the French Revolution
- The last weeks of the Reign of Terror are sometimes referred to as the "Red Terror" or "Great Terror"; see below for other uses of those terms.
- Red Terror, a campaign of repression and violence by Bolsheviks in Soviet Russia 1918 - 1922
- White Terror, acts of violence by reactionary groups as part of a counter-revolution
- The White Terror (France), two similar movements against the French Revolution 1794 - 1795
- Great Terror, another name for the Great Purge, campaigns of repression and persecution in the Soviet Union during the late 1930s
- In popular culture
- The Terror (1963 movie), a 1963 horror movie directed by Roger Corman
- The Terror (novel), a 2007 novel by Dan Simmons
- Terror (band), an American hardcore punk band from California
- "Terror", a song by My Ruin from their 1999 album Speak and Destroy
- In comics
- Terror (New England Comics), a supervillain from The Tick comic books, cartoon, and live-action TV series
- Terror Inc., a 1992 Marvel Comics series
- Terror (Marvel Comics), the fictional Marvel Comics character of the 1940s
- Other uses
- Green terror, a tropical freshwater fish
- Night terror, a sleep disorder
- HMS Terror (disambiguation), nine ships of the Royal Navy
- USS Terror (disambiguation), three ships of the United States Navy
- Mount Terror (disambiguation), two mountains
Related pages[change | edit source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.