|This article needs copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone or spelling. (September 2012)|
|This article's references may not meet Wikipedia's guidelines for reliable sources. (July 2012)|
Thai food is known for being spicy and hot. Thai people usually eat spicy food. The most popular Thai foods are Tom-Yum-Goong or hot and spicy shrimp soup, fried noodles or pad Thai, and Gaeng-Keaw-Waan-Gai or green curry with chicken.
The popular food in the North and the Northeast of Thailand is sticky rice with Som-Tum or papaya salad and Koi or sour chopped meat salad. Thai desserts are often made from sticky rice or coconut milk, flour, eggs and coconuts, such as Kaao Tom Mat or Sticky Rice and bananas and Bau-Loi Kai Waan or Rice Balls with Poached Eggs in Coconut Milk.
Thai people like to eat Nam-Phrik with fried vegetables. Nam Phrik is a hot sauce, such as Nam-Phrik Pla Pon is made from dried fish or Nam-Phrik Kapi is made from a shrimp paste and chili sauce.
Many foreign people like to eat Thai food that is spicy and hot.
Here is the Top 5 list of Thai Food: :
- Hot and sour soup with shrimp (tom yum goong)
- Green curry with chicken (gaeng kiaw waen gai)
- Fried Noodles (pad tai)
- Pork fried in basil (pat ga-prao)
- Red curry with roast duck (gaeng pet bet yaang)
Here is the list in no particular order:
- som tam - a spicy salad with shredded papaya
- khao mun gai tod - fried chicken served on rice cooked in chicken broth
- rat naa - noodles and pork in a thick gravey
- ba mee nam - egg noodle soup with wanton
- pad thai - fried noodles with dried shrimp and tofu