The Great American Bash (2008)
|The Great American Bash (2008)|
|Stage set up for The Great American Bash, 2008 edition.|
|Theme song (s)||"Move To The Music" by American Bang|
|Promotion||World Wrestling Entertainment|
|Date||July 20, 2008|
|Venue||Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum|
|City||Uniondale, New York|
|Night of Champions (2008)||The Great American Bash (2008)||SummerSlam (2008)|
|The Great American Bash chronology|
|The Great American Bash (2007)||The Great American Bash (2008)||The Bash (2009)|
The Great American Bash was the fifth yearly Great American Bash professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). It took place on July 20, 2008 at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York and featured talent from the Raw, SmackDown!, and ECW brands. The official theme song for the event is "Move To The Music" by American Bang.
||The English used in this article may not be easy for everybody to understand. (October 2011)|
The main feud going into the Great American Bash on the SmackDown brand was between Triple H and Edge, with the two feuding over the WWE Championship. On the July 4 edition of SmackDown, General Manager Vickie Guerrero announced that the two would compete against each other in a match for the WWE Championship at The Great American Bash.
|Dark||Umaga defeated Mr. Kennedy||Singles match|
|1||Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder defeated John Morrison and The Miz (c), Jesse and Festus and Finlay and Hornswoggle||Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE Tag Team Championship|
|2||Shelton Benjamin defeated Matt Hardy (c)||Singles match for the WWE United States Championship|
|3||Mark Henry (c) defeated Tommy Dreamer (w/Colin Delaney)||Singles match for the ECW Championship|
|4||Chris Jericho defeated Shawn Michaels||Singles match|
|5||Michelle McCool defeated Natalya||Singles match for the WWE Divas Championship|
|6||CM Punk (c) vs. Batista ended in a double disqualification (CM Punk retained the title)||Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship|
|7||John "Bradshaw" Layfield defeated John Cena||New York City Parking Lot Brawl|
|8||Triple H defeated Edge||Singles match for the WWE Championship|
- "Greatest Moments in Pay-Per-View History". WWE Magazine: 64–65. Special 2007.
- Passero, Mitch (2008-07-04). "A champion scorned". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/archive/07042008/. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "Preview:WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/7599484/preview/. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "Preview: ECW Champion Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer". World Wrestling Entertainment. 2008-07-11. http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/7635534/preview/. Retrieved 2008-07-11.
- "Preview: Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho". World Wrestling Entertainment. 2008-07-04. http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/6831236/preview/. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
- "Preview: World Heavyweight Championship CM Punk vs. Batista". World Wrestling Entertainment. 2008-07-04. http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/7600896/preview/. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
- "Preview: John Cena vs. JBL in a NYC Parking Lot Brawl". World Wrestling Entertainment. 2008-07-10. http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/7627392/preview/. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- "Preview: WWE Championship Triple H. vs. Edge". World Wrestling Entertainment. 2008-07-04. http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/7582302/preview/. Retrieved 2008-07-04.
Other websites [change]