|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
Garage rock revival
|Years active||1999 - present|
|Labels||Ivy League (2007 - Present)
BMG (2008 - Present)
Cooking Vinyl (2008 - Present)
Capitol Records (2001 - 2006)
Heavenly Records (2001 - 2006)
|Website||The Vines Official Website|
The Vines are an Australian garage rock band from Sydney, Australia, notable for creating a musical combination of '60s rock and '90s alternative music. They have won an ARIA in 2002 for Breakthrough Artist and received nominations for six other awards in the same amount of years.
They also appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone in October 2002 (the first Australian band to do so since Men At Work in 1983) with the words "Rock is Back: meet the Vines" boldly emblazed underneath.
Discography[change | edit source]
Studio albums[change | edit source]
Singles[change | edit source]
- 2001: Hot Leather/Sunchild
- 2001: Factory
- 2002: Highly Evolved
- 2002: Get Free
- 2002: Outtathaway!
- 2003: Homesick
- 2003: Fuck the World
- 2004: Ride
- 2004: Winning Days
- 2006: Gross Out (Radio Promo Only)
- 2006: Don't Listen to the Radio
- 2006: Anysound
- 2007: Dope Train (Video Promo Only)
- 2008: He's a Rocker
- 2008: MerryGoRound (Australian Radio-promo only)
- 2008: Get Out
Live recordings, compilations and demos[change | edit source]
- 2001: Five Track Demo / Six Track Demo
- 2001: Mixes
- 2002: This is Not the Vines Album
- 2002: College EP
- 2008: The Best of the Vines
References[change | edit source]
- MySpace. "(Read) The Vines' MySpace music style descrption". http://www.myspace.com/thevines. Retrieved 2008-06-28.
- Keene, Darrin (May 17, 2002). "Live: The Vines". Live at the Tequila Lounge. ChartAttack.com 'Your Canadian Music Source'. http://web.archive.org/web/20030429204713/http://www.chartattack.com/damn/PrintThis.cfm?ID=2002052113. Retrieved 2008-04-14.
- "ARIA Awards 2002". Australian Recording Industry Association. June 06, 2002. http://www.ariaawards.com.au/history-by-artist.php?letter=V&artist=Vines%20%20The. Retrieved 2008-04-14.
- Sheffield, Rob (August 6, 2002). "The Vines". Craig Nicholls has all the makings of a rock star. Rolling Stone Magazine. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/the_vines_craig_nicholls. Retrieved 2008-04-13.