The Wiggles is an Australian-based children’s music group. The group is made up of four members. The Wiggles all wear a different colored shirts. Greg Page wears yellow, Anthony Field wears blue, Murray Cook wears red and Jeff Fatt wears purple.
The group performs on stage as well as on their own television series. The have also made a movie. The Wiggles have won many awards for their work. Both girls and boys really enjoy The Wiggles in their early years. This year The Wiggles will be celebrating their 15th birthday.
In the 14th season, Greg Page was replaced by Sam Moran.
In the new generation, Greg Page, Murray Cook and Jeff Fatt were replaced by Emma Watkins, Simon Pryce and Lachlan Gillespie.
Characters[change | edit source]
Main characters[change | edit source]
- Greg Page (lead vocal): Greg is the lead singer who loves to sing and dance. Greg drives The Big Red Car singing “Scooby-doo-ah”. He tries magic tricks but not all of them work. Especially when Anthony was involved in them
- Anthony Field (backing vocals and instrumentation): Anthony plays the guitar, drums and sings and dances. He loves eating. His favourite food is fruit salad. He especially loves apples. When Anthony is happy he says “Wahoo!”.
- Murray Cook (backing vocals and instrumentation): Murray plays the guitar, sings and dances. Murray is the king of guitars. He loves to sing while he strums a chord.
- Jeff Fatt (keyboards and accordion): Jeff plays keyboards, sings and dances. His favorite color is purple. Jeff loves sleeping. When he dreams he even dreams of being asleep. This leads to the others saying "Wake up Jeff!".
Minor characters[change | edit source]
There are several other characters who are friends with the Wiggles.
- Dorothy the Dinosaur is a large green dinosaur with yellow spots. She wears a floppy white hat and likes to eat roses. Dorothy is 5 years old. She is very wise for her age. Her birthday is November 3. She loves dancing, and is known to do ballet, Irish, Scottish, and line dancing. She loves her birthday as The Wiggles always make it a very special fun day for her. Dorothy has a heart of gold and is a very friendly dinosaur.
- Captain Feathersword is a friendly pirate who wears a coat, hat, eye patch and a sword made of feathers. His birthday is on February 4.
- Wags the Dog is a tall, brown, furry dog with floppy ears and a happy face. He likes eating. Wags is said to keep The Wiggles up all night if he gets hungry. Wags also enjoys digging in his garden. Wags can only talk to the audience, but The Wiggles understand him when he barks. Wags is a good Tango dancer. He believes everyone is his friend and is said to love having a good time. His birthday is October 27.
- Henry the Octopus is a fun-loving octopus with purple skin. He wears tartan clothes, a straw hat and black polished shoes on the end of every tentacle. Henry likes to wave to all his friends at the same time. This is easy for him to do since he has eight tentacles. Henry lives under the sea. He is the leader of the Underwater Big Band.
Discography[change | edit source]
Studio albums[change | edit source]
Each album is listed with the year it was first released. Source: National Library of Australia
- The Wiggles (1991)
- Here Comes a Song (1992)
- Stories and Songs: The Adventures of Captain Feathersword the Friendly Pirate (1993)
- Yummy Yummy (1994)
- Big Red Car (1995)
- Wake Up Jeff! (1996)
- Wiggly, Wiggly Christmas (1996)
- The Wiggles Movie Soundtrack (1997)
- Toot Toot! (1998)
- It's a Wiggly Wiggly World! (2000)
- Wiggle Time! (2000)
- Yule Be Wiggling (2000)
- Hoop Dee Doo! It's a Wiggly Party (2001)
- Wiggly Safari (2002)
- Wiggle Bay (2002)
- Go to Sleep Jeff! (2003)
- Whoo Hoo! Wiggly Gremlins! (2003)
- Top of the Tots (2003)
- Cold Spaghetti Western (2004)
- Santa's Rockin'! (2004)
- Sailing Around the World (2005)
- Here Comes the Big Red Car (2006)
- It's Time To Wake Up Jeff! (2006)
- Splish Splash Big Red Boat (2006)
- Racing to the Rainbow (2006)
- Christmas Classics (2006)
- Getting Strong! Wiggle and Learn (2007)
- Pop Go the Wiggles! (2007)
- You Make Me Feel Like Dancing (2008)
- Sing a Song of Wiggles (2008)
- Go Bananas! (2009)
- Hot Poppin' Popcorn (2009)
- Let's Eat (2010)
- Ukulele Baby! (2011)
- It's Always Christmas With You! (2011)
- Surfer Jeff (2012)
- Celebration! (2012)
- Christmas Crackers! (2012)
- Taking Off (2013)
- Furry Tales (2013)
- Pumpkin Face (2013)[note 1]
Concert and compilation albums[change | edit source]
- Live: Hot Potatoes (2005)
- Hot Potatoes: The Best of the Wiggles (2009)
- Big Birthday! (2011)
- Celebration (2012)
- Hit Songs and Rarities (2012)
Dorothy the Dinosaur albums[change | edit source]
- Dorothy the Dinosaur (2007)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur's Memory Book (2008)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur Meets Santa Claus (2009)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur's Rockin' Christmas (2010)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur's Travelling Show! (2011)
- Dorothy the Dinosaur's Beach Party (2012)
Notes[change | edit source]
- According to The Wiggles facebook page, Pumpkin Face is a working title for their next album.
References[change | edit source]
- The Wiggles' Surfer Jeff (YouTube).
- Batson, Peter (14 December 2012). "New-look Wiggles’ Albury stop". The Border Mail. http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/1185781/new-look-wiggles-albury-stop/?src=rss. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Commercial Development Unit (2013-05-06). "The Wiggles - Furry Tales | CD | ABC Shop". Shop.abc.net.au. http://shop.abc.net.au/products/furry-tales-cd. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Pumpkin Face". The Wiggles on Facebook. 5 February 2013. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.469292849793273.110696.443443882378170&type=1. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Hit Songs and Rarities". ABC Shop. ABC Music. http://shop.abc.net.au/products/wiggles-hit-songs-cd. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Official website
- The Wiggles Discography at the Powerhouse Museum
- http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p441035/discography Wiggles discography, Main Albums, at allmusic.com
- The Wiggles (TV series) at the Internet Movie Database
- The Wiggles Movie at the Internet Movie Database