Yorke at the Latitude Festival, Suffolk, 2009
|Birth name||Thomas Edward Yorke|
|Also known as||Tchock, Tchocky, Dr. Tchock, Thom E. Yorke, Zachariah Wildwood[source?]|
|Born||7 October 1968
Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, England
|Genres||Alternative rock, electronic music, art rock, electronic rock, experimental rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards, bass, drums|
|Associated acts||Radiohead, Atoms for Peace, Björk, PJ Harvey, Flying Lotus|
Thomas "Thom" Edward Yorke (born 7 October 1968) is an English musician. He is most known for being the lead singer, pianist, and guitarist for the English alternative rock band Radiohead. Radiohead have released eight studio albums. Radiohead first became famous with their single "Creep". In 1997 they released their third album, OK Computer. It got good reviews. It won Best Alternative Music Performance at the 1998 Grammy Awards.
In 2000 Yorke sung on "I've Seen It All", a song by Björk. It was on the soundtrack to Dance in the Dark.
He released his first solo album "The Eraser" in 2006 on XL Recordings. The album was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album in 2007. In 2008 Yorke sung on the single "Náttúra" by Björk.
In 2013 he released an album with Atoms for Peace called Amok.
Yorke lives in Oxford with his girlfriend Rachel. They have two children, son Noah, born in 2001, and daughter Agnes, born 2004.
References[change | edit source]
- "All messed up". guardian.co.uk. 2006-06-18. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2006/jun/18/9. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- "Thom Yorke to exhibit Radiohead artwork?". NME. 2006-11-13. http://www.nme.com/news/thomyorke/25051. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- "AllMusic - Tchocky - Overview". allmusic.com. http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:f9fwxqq0ldje. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- Force, Chris (2007-09-11). "Thom Yorke, Longtime Radiohead Artist Issue Art Collection". alarmpress.com. http://www.alarmpress.com/1099/book-reviews/dead-children-playing. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- Jones, Alice (2009-03-25). "The Dark Art of Radiohead". independent.co.uk. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/the-dark-art-of-radiohead-1653241.html. Retrieved 2009-07-09.
- Pablo Honey credits. Parlophone Records. 1993.