From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs to be wikified. (October 2011)|
A throw-in in football (soccer) is when the ball has come off the opposite team, the other team picks that ball up and throws it in and the game continues.
- The throw-in is made at the place, where the ball left the field.
- The throw in is delivered by the team who has not touched the ball before he left the field.
- The thrower must look to the field of play.
- He must stand with both feet on the ground on or outside the touch line .
- He must use both hands to throw the ball from behind and over their head.
- You can not score a goal directly after a throw in.
- The opposite players must stand at least 2 meters away.
- During the throw-in the offside rule is not used.
Other facts [change]
- The best way to do a throw in is to throw the ball in an angle of about 30 degrees. Then you can reach the maximum distance.
- Rory Delap, a midfielder for Stoke City is known for his long-throw ins which led to many goals for Stoke City.
- Also Christian Schwegler of FC Red Bull Salzburg is known for his throw ins.