Tilly and the Wall
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Tilly and the Wall|
|Origin||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Labels||Team Love Records
|Associated acts||Park Ave.
Tilly and the Wall is an indie pop group from Omaha, Nebraska. Their name came from a children's book called Tillie and the Wall, written by Leo Lionni. They are noted for having a tap dancer, Jamie Pressnall, instead of a drummer.
Band members[change | change source]
- Jamie Pressnall - tap dancer
- Derek Pressnall - vocals, guitar
- Neely Jenkins - vocals, shakers, bells, bass
- Nick White - keyboard
- Kianna Alarid - vocals, shakers, tambourine, recorder, bass
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- Wild Like Children (2004 · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
- Bottoms of Barrels (2006 · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
- Upcoming third album (2008 · Team Love Records) - CD/LP
Singles & EPs[change | change source]
- "Nights of the Living Dead" on the compilation Ben Eberbaugh: A Rockin' Tribute (2003 · Die Slaughterhaus Records) - CD
- Woo! (2003 · self-released) - EP
- Tilly and the Wall (2003 · Rue Royale Records) - 7"
- "You and I Misbehaving" (2005 · Trash Aesthetics) - 7"
- "Reckless" (2006 · Trash Aesthetics) - 7"
- "Bad Education" (2006 · Team Love Records) - 7"
- "The Freest Man" (2007 w/ The Freest Man (CSS Remix) · Moshi Moshi Records) - 7"
Other websites[change | change source]
- Tilly and the Wall official website
- Tilly and the Wall on MySpace
- Team Love Records
- Team Love Records: Tilly and the Wall
- Moshi Moshi Records
- Moshi Moshi Records: Tilly and the Wall
- Allmusic entry for Tilly and the Wall
- Omaha City Weekly article about Tilly's residency at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts
- Live Photos
- Las Vegas Mercury: Tap Dance Fever article 08-05-04
- Review of their latest release, Bottoms of Barrels, and sample song
- Bottoms of Barrels Review on UpBeetMusic.com