|Birth name||Anna Mae Bullock|
|Also known as||Tina Turner|
|Born||November 26, 1939
Nutbush, Tennessee, United States
|Genres||R&B, soul, rock 'n' roll, pop, rock, dance|
|Occupations||Singer, songwriter, dancer, actress|
|Labels||Capitol, EMI, Parlophone, Virgin|
|Associated acts||Ike & Tina Turner, Bryan Adams|
Anna Mae Bullock, better known by her stage name Tina Turner (born November 26, 1939) is a singer, dancer and entertainer. She was born an raised in the United States, but is now a Swiss citizen. Her success and popularity in rock music has given her the nickname, "queen of rock". She is known worldwide for her overpowering and energetic stage presence, powerful vocals, ground-breaking concerts as well as for her long, well-proportioned legs that are considered the most famous in show business. She was listed on Rolling Stone's list The Immortals – The Greatest Artists of All Time. Turner is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee,. Two of her recordings are in the Grammy Hall of Fame: "River Deep - Mountain High" (1999) and "Proud Mary" (2003). Phil Spector produced her River Deep - Mountain High recording. Turner has won eight Grammy Awards. She is a Buddhist.
References[change | change source]
- Rafferty, Terrence (2008-07-27). "Tina Turner: Queen of Rock 'n' Roll". New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/50095/Tina-Turner-Queen-of-Rock-n-Roll/overview. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Wolman, Baron. "Gallery of The Popular Image". San Francisco Art Exchange. http://www.sfae.com/index.php?action=gallery&status=show_product&ID=549&PHPSESSID=e167966844d1d18c37. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Tina Turner: Queen of Rock 'n' Roll (1984)". New York Times. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/50095/Tina-Turner-Queen-of-Rock-n-Roll/overview. Retrieved 2208-09-03.
- "Tina Turner on Stage". San Francisco Art Exchange. http://www.sfae.com/index.php?action=gallery&status=show_product&ID=549&PHPSESSID=e167966844d1d18c37. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- http://tinaturner-fanclub.com/ Tina Turner International fanclub: Biography
- "President Welcomes Kennedy Center Honorees to the White House". Whitehouse.gov. 2005-12-04. http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051204.html. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Ike and Tina Turner". Rockhall.com. http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/ike-and-tina-turner. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Grammy Hall of Fame Award:Past Recipients". The Recording Academy. http://www.grammy.com/Recording_Academy/Awards/Hall_of_Fame/#p. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Hear Tina Turner (music and interviews) on the Pop Chronicles (1969).
- "Amway Global to be Presenting Sponsor of 'Tina Turner Live in Concert' 2008". Reuters.com. 2008-07-10. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS169798+10-Jul-2008+PRN20080710. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Nichiren Buddhism
- "Tina Turner Becoming Swiss Citizen, Giving Up U.S. Passport". January 25, 2013. http://foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/25/tina-turner-becoming-swiss-citizen-giving-up-us-passport/. Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Tina Turner 'to become Swiss, give up US passport'". France 24. 25 January 2013. http://mobile.france24.com/en/20130125-tina-turner-become-swiss-give-us-passport. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "Hier besorgt sich Tina Turner den Schweizer Pass". Blick. April 23, 2013. http://www.blick.ch/people-tv/schweiz/hier-besorgt-sich-tina-turner-den-schweizer-pass-id2281138.html. Retrieved April 24, 2013.