Tommy's First Birthday
|Rugrats: Tommy's First Birthday|
|Written by||Paul Germain|
|Directed by||Howard Baker|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Original airing||August 11, 1991|
"Tommy's First Birthday" is the first episode of the Nickelodeon show Rugrats. It was made in August 11, 1990 and aired August 11, 1991. It's preceded by the season 0 (pre-1) (pilot) episode made in August 7, 1989 and produced in 1990.
Summary[change | edit source]
On the morning of Tommy Pickles' first birthday, he sees a commercial for dog food and decides that he wants to eat it, believing it will turn him into a dog. Meanwhile, his mother Didi is panicking over having the perfect party for Tommy. This includes a puppet show (to which th stage and puppets are booked, but not the puppeteers), a carrot cake (much to Grandpa Boris' displeasure, hoping it will be a chocolate cake), and a really elaborate invention from Tommy's dad, Stu (the Hooverama). After convincing the other Rugrats to eat dog food, Tommy discovers that Spike eaten all of it. But when he spots another can of the top of the shelf, he attempts to get it with Angelica and Chuckie's help. However, all he ends up doing is destroying the kitchen and ruining the Hooverama. Soon, all the adults are complaining about various items, when Grandpa opens a can of dog food for Spike. The Rugrats finally eats it, but all but Phil spits it out. Then, thinking they are dogs, they start walking around (hands and legs) are barking. This breaks the adultsout of the arguing and watching them in awe, and the episode ends with Grandpa Lou taking a picture of the party, which ends up in the Pickles Family Abulm.
Cast[change | edit source]
- Tommy Pickles (voiced by E.G. Daily)
- Phil and Lil DeVille (voiced by Kath Soucie)
- Chuckie Finster (voiced by Christine Cavanaugh)
- Angelica Pickles (voiced by Cheryl Chase)
- Stu Pickles (voiced by Jack Riley)
- Grandpa Lou (voiced by David Doyle)
- Didi Pickles (voiced by Melanie Chartoff)
- Grandpa Boris (voiced by David Doyle)
Home releases[change | edit source]
"Tommy's First Birthday" was released on the DVD Rugrats: Season 1 and will be released on Rugrats: The Complete Series.
References[change | edit source]
- "Tommy's First Birthday". TV Guide. http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=191757&more=ucepisodelist&episodeid=849814. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Rugrats: Tommy's First Birthday". TV.com. http://www.tv.com/rugrats/tommys-first-birthday/episode/43910/summary.html?tag=episode_header;prev. Retrieved 2010-06-06.