Toronto Transit Commission
|Toronto Transit Commission|
|A Toronto bus showing the TTC logo|
|Preceding agency||Toronto Transportation Commission|
|Jurisdiction||Toronto (also operates routes in Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Mississauga)|
|Agency executives||Gary Webster, General Manager
Adam Giambrone, Chairperson
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) runs the public transport system that has buses, streetcars, subways, and rapid transit lines in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Started in 1954, the TTC has grown to three subway lines and an elevated rapid transit line with a total of 69 stations, as well as 149 surface routes (buses and streetcars). Of these 149 routes 148 make 243 connections with a subway or rapid transit station during weekday rush hours.
The TTC also runs a door-to-door (they pick people up at home, the shops or work, and take them anywhere they wish to go) system for people with physical disabilities known as Wheel-Trans; about 5,500 trips are made by this service daily. This service costs the same as any other trip on the TTC even though it is door-to-door. The TTC had 11,235 people working for it in 2007.
- "TTC Operating Statistics" (PDF). TTC. 2007. http://www.toronto.ca/ttc/pdf/operatingstatistics2007.pdf. Retrieved 2007-07-21.
- "Toronto transit chief says searches unlikely". 2005-07-24. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122072619227_40/?hub=CTVNewsAt11. Retrieved 2007-02-03.
- The TTC Story by Mike Filey
- Not A One Horse Town by Mike Filey
- Reflections & Recollections Transfer Points January 2005
- Independents Take Over - TTC Goes Metro Wide Transfer Points August-September 2004
- Toronto Transit Commission Goes Metro Wide Transfer Point December 2004
- ATU 113 History
- Honour Guard shows TTC's true colours Coupler February 2001
- TTC Honour Guard
Other pages [change]
- Toronto subway and RT
- Toronto buses and trolley buses
- Toronto streetcar system
- Signals on the TTC
- Russell Hill subway accident
- List of Toronto subway and RT stations
Other websites [change]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Toronto Transit Commission|
Route information [change]
- CBC Archives - audio and video about the TTC.
- 69: TTC station photos
- Transit Toronto's YouTube channel