Chandler with the Mavericks
|No. 6 – New York Knicks|
|Born||October 2, 1982
|Listed height||7 ft 1 in (2.16 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|NBA Draft||2001 / Round: 1 / Pick: 2nd overall|
|Selected by the Los Angeles Clippers|
|2006–2009||New Orleans Hornets|
|2011–present||New York Knicks|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Tyson Cleotis Chandler (born October 2, 1982) is an American professional basketball center. He currently plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association. Chandler was the second overall pick of the 2001 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Clippers. He was immediately traded to the Chicago Bulls. He has also played for the New Orleans Hornets, Charlotte Bobcats, and Dallas Mavericks. As starting center for Dallas, he helped win the franchise's first NBA championship in 2011. He was also a member of the United States men's national basketball team's gold medal run in the 2010 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
Career transactions[change | edit source]
- June 27, 2001: Drafted 2nd overall by Los Angeles Clippers in 2001 NBA Draft.
- June 27, 2001: Traded by L.A. Clippers along with Brian Skinner to the Chicago Bulls for Elton Brand.
- July 14, 2006: Traded by Chicago to the New Orleans Hornets for P.J. Brown and J.R. Smith.
- February 17, 2009: Traded by New Orleans to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Chris Wilcox, Joe Smith and the rights to DeVon Hardin.
- February 18, 2009: The Oklahoma City Thunder stopped the trade for Tyson Chandler, because he failed to pass a physical.
- July 28, 2009: The New Orleans Hornets traded Tyson Chandler to the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for Emeka Okafor.
- July 13, 2010: Traded by Charlotte along with Alexis Ajinça to the Dallas Mavericks for Matt Carroll, Erick Dampier and Eduardo Nájera.
- December 9, 2011: Acquired by the New York Knicks in a three team trade
References[change | edit source]
- "Bobcats Acquire Tyson Chandler from New Orleans Hornets". NBA.com. 2009-07-28. http://www.nba.com/bobcats/090728_release_chandler.html. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- "Mavericks acquire chandler and ajinca in five-player trade". NBA.com. 2010-07-13. http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/mavericks_acquire_chler__2010_07_13.html. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Brand Bolsters Clippers' Frontcourt". NBA.com. 2001-06-27. http://www.nba.com/draft2001/news/brand_010627.html. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Hornets Acquire Tyson Chandler". NBA.com. 2006-07-14. http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/Chandler_14Jul2006.html. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- Stein, Marc (July 28, 2009). "Sources: Hornets, Cats agree on deal". Espn.com. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4359609. Retrieved June 15, 2011.