University of Wisconsin System
||This article has many issues. Please help fix them or discuss these issues on the talk page.
The University of Wisconsin System is the main public higher education system of the U.S. state of Wisconsin. It consists of 13 four-year campuses, a unit that operates 13 two-year colleges and an online campus. It also has an extension unit that offers courses in every county in the state.
Member campuses[change | change source]
- University of Wisconsin–Madison (Madison) – The main campus of the system; often called "Wisconsin", especially in a college sports context.
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee (Milwaukee) – Often called "Milwaukee" in a college sports context.
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire (Eau Claire)
- University of Wisconsin–Green Bay (Green Bay) – Often called "Green Bay" in a college sports context.
- University of Wisconsin–La Crosse (La Crosse)
- University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh (Oshkosh)
- University of Wisconsin–Parkside (Kenosha and Somers)
- University of Wisconsin–Platteville (Plattevillle)
- University of Wisconsin–River Falls (River Falls)
- University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point (Stevens Point)
- University of Wisconsin–Stout (Menomonie)
- University of Wisconsin–Superior (Superior)
- University of Wisconsin–Whitewater (Whitewater)
The two-year campus system is known as the University of Wisconsin Colleges. Students who earn associate's degrees from any campus in this system are guaranteed a place at a four-year campus if they meet certain requirements. This system includes:
- University of Wisconsin–Baraboo/Sauk County
- University of Wisconsin–Barron County
- University of Wisconsin–Fond du Lac
- University of Wisconsin–Fox Valley
- University of Wisconsin–Manitowoc
- University of Wisconsin–Marathon County
- University of Wisconsin–Marinette
- University of Wisconsin–Marshfield/Wood County
- University of Wisconsin–Richland
- University of Wisconsin–Rock County
- University of Wisconsin–Sheboygan
- University of Wisconsin–Washington County
- University of Wisconsin–Waukesha
- University of Wisconsin Colleges Online – an online campus
Note that this system is separate from the Wisconsin Technical College System. That is another public two-year college system in Wisconsin.
Finally, the University of Wisconsin–Extension provides college courses, plus farming and business help, in at least one place in every one of the state's 72 counties. It also runs the state's public radio and television networks.