University of York
- This article is about the British university. For the Canadian university, see York University.
|University of York|
|Motto||In limine sapientiae|
|Location||York, United Kingdom|
Despite its relatively young age, the university has a big reputation. York has been named the 8th best "young university" in the world, and first in the UK, building a "reputation to rival Oxford and Cambridge".
The university is among the top 10 in the country, top 20 universities in Europe, and ranked 96th in the world, according to the 2011 QS World University Rankings. This places York in the top 1% of all higher education institutions across the globe.
In the last Research Assessment Exercise in 2008, York was also named as the 8th best research institution in the United Kingdom. The university was named Sunday Times university of the year in 2003 and Times Higher Education university of the year in 2010. In 2012, The University of York was invited to join the Russell Group in recognition of the institution's world-leading research and outstanding teaching.
References[change | edit source]
- "University finance report shows income rise of 12%". Nouse. http://www.nouse.co.uk/2008/01/28/financial-statements-reveal-university-in-healthy-position/.
- "Table 0a - All students by institution, mode of study, level of study, gender and domicile 2006/07" (Microsoft Excel spreadsheet). Higher Education Statistics Agency. http://www.hesa.ac.uk/dox/dataTables/studentsAndQualifiers/download/institution0607.xls. Retrieved 2008-04-12.
- Taylor, Laurie (31 May 2012). "THE 100 Under 50: Prefabs sprout so distinctively". Times Higher Education. http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=420095&c=1. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- "QS World University Rankings". Topuniversities. http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011?page=1. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Garner, Richard (18 December 2008). "LSE beats Oxford and Cambridge to become best research centre". The Independent (London). http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/lse-beats-oxford-and-cambridge-to-become-best-research-centre-1202324.html. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "Research at the University of York". http://www.york.ac.uk/research/. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Teaching and research quality". http://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/about/. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: University of York|