|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
I operate a bot, Auntof6Bot.
- Wikipedia:Basic English combined wordlist
- Help for the new Search
- en:Wikipedia:Category names
- Wikipedia:Simple Stub Project
- Category:Stub categories
- Category:Wikipedia templates
- RfD archives for 2013
- Gallery help at Meta
- Pakistan POV pusher
Guidelines and policies
- Wikipedia:User page -- explains what should and shouldn't be on a user page, including article categories
- Wikipedia Manual of Style
- Wikipedia:Transwiki attribution
These RfDs set precedents that I might want to remember in the future.
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2014/Categories showing mixes of national ancestry
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2013/Category:Gay men by nationality
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2013/Category:Movies by actor
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2013/Category:People by age
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2014/LGBT-occupation categories
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2014/Category:Deaths in the United States by location
- Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2012/Category:Women writers
- Unnamed upcoming albums:
Things I work on
- Look through category structure for places where things can be simplified or standardized. This can include:
- For categories that have only one page, either recategorize that page or put more articles in the category
- Where there is a category such as "XXX by country", make sure all the entries in that category are also under the relevant country, and vice versa
- Make new subcategories where there are enough pages to justify it
- Look through Special:WantedCategories to see if there are either categories that should be created or articles that should have any categories changed or removed.
- Note: When I started on this, there were over 2000 categories in this list. Now there are fewer than 300. An important reason for working on this is that some pages (articles, categories, etc.) have only redlinked categories. Those pages don't show up as uncategorized, and it's good for them to have at least one bluelinked category.
- Check sort keys to be sure articles sort correctly in each category
- Pages in stub categories and cleanup categories should also be in regular categories.
- For templates:
- Every template should be in at least one template category
- Where applicable, every template should be in at least one non-template subject-type category
- Look through Special:UncategorizedTemplates, assign at least one template category to every template. Assign subject category where possible.
- Templates in these categories should also be in regular subject and type categories: