||This article does not have any sources. (September 2009)
Waveland is a city in Hancock County, Mississippi, on the Gulf of Mexico. It is part of the Gulfport-Biloxi, Mississippi Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, 6,674 people lived there. On August 29, 2005, Waveland was nearly destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
The current mayor of Waveland is Democrat Tommy Longo.
- City of Waveland, Mississippi, Official Web Site of the City of Waveland
- Waveland practically wiped off map by force of Katrina, an August 31, 2005 article about the damage from Hurricane Katrina
- Katrina town fights for survival, BBC report, December 2, 2005
- Turtles in Action, Tulpe Lodge of the Order of the Arrow, Boy Scouts of America, has been to Waveland as part of the relief effort.
- The Giving Circle, Inc., carries out Operation: Waveland, MS, helping to rebuild Waveland.
- alexwrege.com, blog entries and images about a volunteer operation from The University of Toledo.
- Mission to Mississippi, group started in Wayland, Massachusetts to help rebuild Waveland.