Who Framed Roger Rabbit
|Who Framed Roger Rabbit|
|Directed by||Robert Zemeckis|
|Produced by||Frank Marshall
|Screenplay by||Jeffrey Price
Peter S. Seaman
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Editing by||Arthur Schmidt|
Walt Disney Feature Animation
Silver Screen Partners III
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures|
|Release date(s)||June 22, 1988|
|Running time||104 minutes|
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a 1988 American fantasy-comedy-noir movie. The movie is based on Gary K. Wolf's novel Who Censored Roger Rabbit?. It was directed by Robert Zemeckis. The movie was released by Touchstone Pictures. The movie has both animation and live action parts. The cartoon characters interact directly with human beings.
Awards[change | change source]
Who Framed Roger Rabbit won Academy Awards for Best Sound Editing, Best Visual Effects and Best Film Editing. Nominations included Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography and Best Sound. Richard Williams received a Special Achievement Award.
Roger Rabbit won the Saturn Award for Best Fantasy Film, as well as Best Direction for Zemeckis and Special Visual Effects. Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd and Joanna Cassidy were nominated for their performances. Alan Silvestri and the screenwriters also received nominations.
Roger Rabbit was nominated the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy). Hoskins was also nominated for his performance.
References[change | change source]
- Norman Kagan (May 2003). "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". The Cinema of Robert Zemeckis. Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 93–117. .
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit at Box Office Mojo
- "The 61st Academy Awards (1989) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/legacy/ceremony/61st-winners.html. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. http://awardsdatabase.oscars.org/ampas_awards/DisplayMain.jsp?curTime=1225839542913. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Past Saturn Awards". Saturn Awards Organization. http://www.saturnawards.org/past.html. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. http://www.bafta.org/awards-database.html?sq=Who+Framed+Roger+Rabbit. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Hollywood Foreign Press Association. http://www.goldenglobes.org/browse/film/25793. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "The Hugo Awards: 1989". The Hugo Awards. http://www.thehugoawards.org/?page_id=31. Retrieved 2008-11-01.