This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion. You may use requests for rollback to request rollback.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- Page appeared similar to at least 1 of previous deletes. Deleted as G4 from the previous RFD on it. Also auto-confirmed salted the 3 titles for a couple of weeks, that were previously used for this article. -- Enfcer (talk) 03:59, 1 July 2014 (UTC)
- Blacklisted the title. This user has been persistently recreating the same page since 2012. It's unlikely that he'll stop anytime soon. The community has repeatedly decided that the subject is not notable enough. If the subject meets notability guidelines at some point in time, then we can remove the entry if needed. --Glaisher (talk) 12:00, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
using registration to post personal details?[change | change source]
Could people look at User:Rizan by Sextuplets, User:Doni and xhaxela plus 9 and User talk:Doni and xhaxela plus 9. It seems to me to be an improper use of registration and/or user pages. Macdonald-ross (talk)
- Said users blocked by Glaisher as sockpuppets of an indefinitely blocked user. If you see any similar accounts pop up, I'd recommend blocking as sockpuppets and referring to a checkuser. Griffinofwales (talk) 11:41, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Page protection[change | change source]
Alsatian (dog) and Bullmastiff have been targeted by indefinite blocked User:Looneyboy6 and his block evading IPs for about 2 months now. Does this constant disruption warrant a page protection? Thanks--Mr Wiki Pro (talk) 21:43, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
- Very few bad edits to those pages spread over a fairly significant time span so there is no need to protect. -DJSasso (talk) 00:49, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
Request for Page Protection of Wikipedia[change | change source]
- I don't think so. Not what I would call persistent, and the recent vandal is now indeff'd. Macdonald-ross (talk) 15:06, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
Request for Page Protection of Vandalism[change | change source]
- Hi. Generally speaking, pages are only protected if the vandalism is persistent, i.e. it is constantly vandalised. That page really does not receive much vandalism, so protection is unnecessary. I would recommend that you have a read over the protection policy. Thanks, -Mh7kJ (talk) 02:16, 18 July 2014 (UTC)
Error with TWINKLE[change | change source]
When I try to revert an edit on a page it gives me : Grabbing data of earlier revisions: The wiki is currently in read-only mode . Why is that? --Reception123/Receptie123 (talk) 05:59, 20 July 2014 (UTC)