This is a message board for talking about tasks on Wikipedia that only administrators can do. Please put new messages at the bottom of the talk page or to start a new discussion.
Please note that the messages on this page are archived periodically. A message may therefore have been archived. Note however, that the archives must not be modified, so if something needs discussing, please start a new discussion on this page.
Are you in the right place?
- Use Vandalism in progress to report serious and urgent vandalism.
- Use Requests for rollback to ask for rollback tool.
Ban appeal by Aaqib[change | change source]
Request for history merge[change | change source]
I would be most obliged if somebody could carry out a history merge of the following two pages:
- User:Bluegoblin7/Sandbox3 to Template:Infobox Underground stock.
- User:Bluegoblin7/Sandbox3/doc to Template:Infobox Underground stock/doc.
I should add that, initially, the history merge will break seven infoboxes currently in use - specifically by displaying only the title and image. This is because I have left out existing parameters for simplicity, rather than offering deprecated options. As the template is currently only invoked seven times I thought it would be easier to fix each of those rather than offer backwards compatibility. I will perform these changes once the merge has been carried out. :-) Goblin 19:27, 29 August 2014 (UTC) I ♥ Kennedy!
- I have made some edits to the existing template to ensure that this is not the case, and am updating the articles now to use the new values. Should make a smoother transition in case I am offline when this is processed. Goblin 20:12, 29 August 2014 (UTC) I ♥ Barras!
school group[change | change source]
Hi I would like to set up a group of several usernames for use with some Japanese university students who are taking an English writing class . I will probably need 15-20 names. I can't see anywhere instructions on how to do this. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you. — This unsigned comment was added by Hirodaicommunication (talk • changes) on 12:57, 12 September 2014.
- Hello, Hirodaicommunication. I will try to find some information for you about this. In the meantime, it might help to read these two pages, if you haven't already read them:
- When does your class start? --Auntof6 (talk) 22:27, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Hirodaicommunication! We might be able to work together on this if you like. I guess you are at Hiroshima University. Is that right? If you click on my name in this reply, you can find my contact information. Email me directly if you like. Good luck, ELTted (talk) 00:04, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
Thank you ELTted and Auntof6. I am going to email ELTted directly to get more help. Yes, I teach part-time at Hiroshima University and it is with two classes there I want to use SEWP. Actually, I think it was a presentation given by ELTted about using SEWP with students that inspired me to try this. Thanks!![[Hirodaicommunication (talk) 13:19, 14 September 2014 (UTC)]]
WP:CHU[change | change source]
Local renaming has been turned off for SUL finalization, therefore crats don't have the ability to rename users from now. We probably need to make some changes to WP:CHU, so I've edited the contents and closed the pending requests. Regards, Pmlineditor (t · c · l) 17:05, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah I keep planning to archive and clean up this page...but been busy this week. Though technically I could have taken care of the pending requests since I am a Global Renamer. But I suppose better for them to reask there. -DJSasso (talk) 01:44, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, I had forgotten you had been promoted. Most wikis (including en) seem to be continuing handling global renames in their local pages. Now that we have 2 global renamers and a steward from our 'crats, should we do the same? Pmlineditor (t · c · l) 17:20, 20 September 2014 (UTC)