École Centrale de Nantes
|Type||Public, Graduate engineering school|
|Affiliations||Centrale Graduate School|
Conférence des Grandes Écoles
It awards the following French & European degrees:
- Ingénieur Centralien de Nantes (Centralien Graduate engineer Masters level program)
- Masters Recherche & Doctorat (PhD doctorate studies )
- Mastères Spécialisés (MS)
Classes are mainly in French and English languages. The school has students from a dozen nationalities.
Most of the 2000 graduate engineer students at École Centrale de Nantes live in dedicated housing buildings. These are near the research laboratories and metro public transport. The campus is shared with Audencia. The school is a member of France AEROTECH.
Admission[change | change source]
Admission to the college is possible after two- or three-year scientific undergraduate studies. It requires success in either:
- an admission exam for Bachelors of Sciences (2-year curriculum)
- a French nationwide selective exam with numerus clausus : concours Centrale-Supelec (3-year curriculum including at least 2 years in France)
- a selective application as per Top Industrial Managers for Europe (TIME) double degrees procedures applicable in Europe (2+2-year curriculum, including 2 years in France)
The central course typically lasts three years and results in a master's degree. It involves work experience in another country. Undergraduate studies plus the central course account for more than 300 ECTS credits in the European education system.
However, graduate students enrolled in the TIME double degree procedure are required to spend two years at École Centrale de Nantes and spend two years in the TIME-partner institute for a total of four years resulting in a double master's degree.
Research labs[change | change source]
Research activities at École Centrale de Nantes relate to the following topics:
- Hydrodynamics, Energy and Atmospheric environment
- Civil engineering and Mechanics
References[change | change source]
More reading[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to École centrale de Nantes.|