|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1000s 1010s 1020s – 1030s – 1040s 1050s 1060s|
|Years:||1034 1035 1036 – 1037 – 1038 1039 1040|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
- Construction of the Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kiev is ended.
- Ferdinand I becomes the king of Castile and Leon.
- Harold I takes control of the crown of England from his half-brother Harthacanute.
- George Maniaces begins a war against the Arabs in Sicily.
Asia[change | change source]
Births[change | change source]
Deaths[change | change source]
- March 16 – Robert I, Archbishop of Rouen
- September 4 – King Bermudo III of León (b. 1010)
- Avicenna, Persian physician, philosopher, and scientist (b. 980)
- Duke Boleslaus III of Bohemia