|Centuries:||1st century – 2nd century – 3rd century|
|Decades:||70s 80s 90s – 100s – 110s 120s 130s|
|Years:||103 104 105 – 106 – 107 108 109|
Year 106 (CVI) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Commodus and Civica (or, less commonly, year 859 Ab urbe condita). Writing out 106 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the normal method in Europe for naming years.
Deaths[change | change source]
- February 13 – He of Han, Chinese emperor of the Han Dynasty (b. AD 79)
- September 21 – Han Shangdi, Chinese emperor of the Han Dynasty (b. 105)
- Decebalus, king of Dacia (suicide, being pursued by the Romans) (b. AD 87)
- Liu Qing, Chinese prince of the Han Dynasty (b. AD 78)
- Rabbel II Soter, ruler of the Nabataean Kingdom
References[change | change source]
- Rafe de Crespigny (28 December 2006). A Biographical Dictionary of Later Han to the Three Kingdoms (23-220 AD). BRILL. pp. 531–. ISBN 978-90-474-1184-0.
- Tan Koon San (15 August 2014). Dynastic China: An Elementary History. The Other Press. pp. 111–. ISBN 978-983-9541-88-5.
- A Companion to Latin Studies. CUP Archive. pp. 140–. GGKEY:2AE1DU53Z2Y.
- Michael Loewe (2 June 2016). Problems of Han Administration: Ancestral Rites, Weights and Measures, and the Means of Protest. BRILL. pp. 72–. ISBN 978-90-04-31490-0.