Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1213 1214 1215 – 1216 – 1217 1218 1219|
Events[change | change source]
- April 10 – Eric X of Sweden dies. He is succeeded by Johan Sverkersson.
- April – Prince Louis of France, the future King Louis VIII, invades England in the First Barons' War
- July 24 – Ascension of Pope Honorius III; in the same year, he officially recognises the Order of Preachers (the Dominican Order)
- October 19 – Henry III becomes King of England, after the death of King John of England.
- Dresden, Germany becomes a city
- Ballintubber Abbey is founded by King Cathal Crovdearg O'Connor of Connaught in Ireland.