From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1260s 1270s 1280s – 1290s – 1300s 1310s 1320s|
|Years:||1296 1297 1298 – 1299 – 1300 1301 1302|
Events[change | change source]
- Osman I declares the independence of the Ottoman Principality
- The house of Holland becomes extinct. The County of Holland becomes a part of a personal union with the County of Hainaut.
- April 1, 1299 Kings Towne on the River Hull granted city status by Royal Charter of King Edward I of England.
- King Håkon V Magnusson moves the capital of Norway from Bergen to Oslo, and builds Akershus fortress in Oslo. Norway is ruled from this fortress the next 500 years.
- The Mexica settle Chapultepec, a former Toltec stronghold.
- A serious fire occurs at Westminster Palace.