Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1410s 1420s 1430s – 1440s – 1450s 1460s 1470s|
|Years:||1443 1444 1445 – 1446 – 1447 1448 1449|
Events of 1446[change | change source]
- Portuguese navigator, Álvaro Fernandes, reaches the mouth of the Geba River in Guinea-Bissau.
- The Precious Belt Bridge in China is fully rebuilt.
- The troops of Francesco Piccinino and Luigi dal Vermebesiege Cremona, Italy.
- The Hunmin Jeongeumis published in Korea, starting the Hangul alphabet.
- Mehmed II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, abdicates. His father, Murad II becomes Sultan.
- December 10 – Murad II destroys the Hexamillion wall, opening the Morea to Ottoman invasion.
Births[change | change source]
- May 3 – Margaret of Burgundy, wife of Charles I, Duke of Burgundy (died 1503)
- Edmund de Ros, 11th Baron de Ros, English politician (died 1508)
- Alexander Agricola, Flemish composer (probable) (died 1506)
- William Grocyn, English scholar (probable) (died 1519)
- Pietro Perugino, Italian painter (probable) (died 1524)