|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1450s 1460s 1470s – 1480s – 1490s 1500s 1510s|
|Years:||1481 1482 1483 – 1484 – 1485 1486 1487|
Events[change | change source]
- July 6 – Portuguese sea captain Diogo Cão finds the mouth of Congo River
- September 15 – Peter Arbues, is assassinated while praying in the cathedral at Saragossa, Spain and he died on September 17. He had been appointed Inquisitor of Aragon by the Inquisitor General, Tomás de Torquemada, in the campaign against heresy and crypto-Judaism.
- December 5 – Pope Innocent VIII gives the inquisition a mission to hunt heretics and witches in Germany with the lead of Heinrich Kramer and Jacob Sprenger.
- The first sugar mill becomes operational in the Gran Canaria.
- First cuirassier units (kyrissers) formed in Austria.