Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1650s 1660s 1670s – 1680s – 1690s 1700s 1710s|
|Years:||1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture|
Establishments – Disestablishments
This is about events of the 1680s.
Events[change | change source]
- The Treaty of Ratisbon between France and England in 1684 ended the Age of Buccaneers.
- 1685: The Chinese army attacks a Russian post at Albazin. The events lead to the Treaty of Nerchinsk. 
- Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica. In this document, he introduces his laws of motion, and his theory of gravity.
- The Glorious Revolution brings William and Mary to power in England.
World leaders[change | change source]
- King Christian V of Denmark (1670–1699)
- King Charles II of England and Scotland (1660–1685)
- King James II of England and Scotland (1685–1688)
- Queen Mary II of England and Scotland (1689–1694)
- King William III of England and Scotland (1689–1702)
- King Louis XIV of France (1643–1715)
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658–1705)
- King Peter II of Portugal (1667–1706)
- Tsar Feodor III of Russia (1676–1682)
- Tsar Ivan V of Russia (1682–1696)
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682–1725)
- King Charles II of Spain (1665–1700)
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660–1697)
- Padshah Aurangazeb (Mughal Empire)
- Bhonsle Dynasty of the Marathas
Reference[change | change source]
- Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.