(Redirected from 1700–1709)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1670s 1680s 1690s – 1700s – 1710s 1720s 1730s|
|Years:||1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends[change | change source]
- The Bonneville Slide blocks the Columbia River near the site of present-day Cascade Locks, Oregon with a land bridge 200 feet (60 m) high. The river eventually removes the blockage, but this event is remembered in the local legends of the Native Americans as the Bridge of the Gods.
- The first newspaper to be published in English.
- The War of the Spanish Succession, started in 1701.
- The Age of Enlightenment
- The Industrial Revolution, a time period starting in the 1700s.
- The Scientific Revolution, another important cultural advance.
World leaders[change | change source]
- King Frederick IV of Denmark (1699–1730).
- King William III of England and Scotland (1689–1702).
- Queen Anne of Great Britain (1702–1714).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643–1715).
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658–1705).
- Joseph I, Holy Roman Emperor (1705–1711).
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682–1725).
- King Philip V of Spain (1700–1746).
- King Charles XII of Sweden (1697–1718).