|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1690s 1700s 1710s – 1720s – 1730s 1740s 1750s|
|Years:||1724 1725 1726 – 1727 – 1728 1729 1730|
|1727 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Ab urbe condita||2480|
|Balinese saka calendar||1648–1649|
|British Regnal year||13 Geo. 1 – 1 Geo. 2|
|Chinese calendar||丙午年 (Fire Horse)|
4423 or 4363
— to —
丁未年 (Fire Goat)
4424 or 4364
|- Vikram Samvat||1783–1784|
|- Shaka Samvat||1648–1649|
|- Kali Yuga||4827–4828|
|Japanese calendar||Kyōhō 12|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 11 days|
|Minguo calendar||185 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||2269–2270|
1853 or 1472 or 700
— to —
1854 or 1473 or 701
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1727.|
1727 (MDCCXXVII) was a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar and a common year starting on Sunday of the Julian calendar, the 1727th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 727th year of the 2nd millennium, the 27th year of the 18th century, and the 8th year of the 1720s decade. As of the start of 1727, the Gregorian calendar was 11 days ahead of the Julian calendar, which remained in localized use until 1923.
Events[change | change source]
- 1727 to 1800 – Lt. Col. Francisco de Melo Palheta smuggles coffee seeds to Brazil in a bouquet starting a coffee empire.
- June 11 – George, Prince of Wales becomes King George II of Great Britain.
- November 18–Earthquake in Tazriz, Persia – about 77,000 dead
- Last execution for witchcraft in Scotland
- First Amish move to America
- The Royal Bank of Scotland is founded by royal charter in Edinburgh.
- Catholic Charities is founded in New Orleans, United States, by the French Ursuline Sisters.