2012 Delhi gang rape
|Date||16 December 2012|
|Time||9:54 pm IST (UTC+05:30)|
|Deaths||1 (female victim) on 29 December 2012|
|Non-fatal injuries||1 (male victim)|
|Accused||Ram Singh (reported to have committed suicide by hanging)|
an unnamed juvenile
|Charges||Rape, murder, kidnapping, robbery, assault|
The 2012 Delhi gang rape case involved a gang rape and murder that happened on 16 December 2012 in Delhi, India. A 23-year-old female physiotherapy intern was beaten and gang raped on a bus that had been stolen by the gang. The woman died from her injuries. Four men were accused. They were found guilty. They received the death penalty. A minor was accused. He was sentenced to three years in prison. Rest of other accused got the death penalty on 20 March 2020.
References[change | change source]
- Gardiner Harris (3 January 2013). "Murder Charges Are Filed Against 5 Men in New Delhi Gang Rape". The New York Times. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "IAP condoles death of Delhi gang-rape victim". New Delhi: Zee News. Press Trust of India. 29 December 2012. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "輪姦案受害者：我要活下去‧印度掀示威潮抗議政府無能". 星洲日報. 2012-12-24. Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Delhi gang-rape victim dies in hospital in Singapore". BBC. 2012-12-29.
- "Four face death for 'cold-blooded' murder of Delhi gang rape victim". 10 September 2013 – via www.reuters.com.