2014 Ferguson unrest
On August 20, St. Ann Police Lieutenant Ray Albers was suspended for pointing a semi-automatic assault rifle at a peaceful protestor the night before.
Police made an "organized protest zone" in Ferguson.
August 26 was the #HandsUP Global Day of Action.
On August 28 a lawsuit was filed by five people against the Ferguson Police Chief, Thomas Jackson, St Louis County Police Chief, Jon Belmar, officer Justin Cosma and several officers who were not named. A few hundred people held a rally at West Florissant Avenue on August 30.
A memorial for Brown was burned. After this happened there were more protests. Seven people were arrested. The memorial was made again. On October 13 Cornel West was arrested at a peaceful protest.
Reactions[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Looting Erupts After Vigil for Slain Missouri Teen Michael Brown". NBC News.
- CNN, By Ann O'Neill. "Who was arrested in Ferguson?". CNN.
- Thuman, The Associated Press, ABC News, ABC 7 News, Scott (19 August 2014). "Ferguson, Mo.: 78 arrested overnight, only 4 from Ferguson; grand jury to begin hearings Wednesday". WJLA.
- Jauregui, Andres (20 August 2014). "Kajieme Powell Identified As Man Killed In St. Louis Officer-Involved Shooting (UPDATED)" – via Huff Post.
- "St. Louis Cops Shoot and Kill Man Near Ferguson, Crowd Gathers". NBC News.
- Murdock, Sebastian; Jauregui, Andres (20 August 2014). "Cop Ray Albers In Ferguson To Protestors: 'I Will F**king Kill You' (VIDEO)" – via Huff Post.
- Holpuch, Amanda (18 August 2014). "Ferguson crisis: Obama says 'young men of colour are left behind' – live updates" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Ferguson Community & St. Louis Residents March from City Hall to US Attorney's Office". St. Louis American.
- "Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson residents suing police for $40". The Independent. 29 August 2014.
- Press, Associated (30 August 2014). "Ferguson protesters remember Michael Brown and call for Obama visit" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Press, Associated (23 September 2014). "Fire destroys memorial at site where Michael Brown was shot" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Arrests made after rocks tossed at police in Ferguson, Missouri". www.cbsnews.com.
- Davey, Monica; Blinder, Alan (13 October 2014). "Ferguson Protests Take New Edge, Months After Killing" – via NYTimes.com.