2015 San Bernardino shooting
|2015 San Bernadino Shooting|
Guns used by the shooters
|Location||San Bernardino, California, U.S.|
|Date||December 2, 2015 |
10:59 a.m. – c. 3:00 p.m. (PST)
|Terrorism, mass shooting, workplace shooting|
|Weapons||2 semi-automatic rifles, 2 semi-automatic pistols, pipe bombs|
|Deaths||16 (14 civilians, 2 shooters)|
|24 (22 civilians, 2 police)|
|Perpetrators||Syed Rizwan Farook|
The 2015 San Bernardino shooting was a mass shooting in San Bernardino, California. It started at 10:59 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) on December 2, 2015. At least fourteen people were killed and seventeen were wounded. It happened at the Inland Regional Center. The shooters may have targeted a banquet hosted by San Bernardino County Department of Public Health. The shooters left in an SUV.
The two suspected shooters, one woman and one man, Tashfeen Malik and Syed Rizwan Farook, were killed by police during a gunfight.
References[change | change source]
- Botelho, Greg; Ellis, Ralph (December 4, 2015). "San Bernardino shooting investigated as 'act of terrorism'". CNN. Retrieved December 5, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "FBI: No evidence San Bernardino killers were part of a cell". USA Today. December 4, 2015. Retrieved December 4, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Blankstein, Andrew; Jamieson, Alastair (December 3, 2015). "San Bernardino Shooters Used Four Guns, Explosive Device: ATF". NBC News.
- Jones, Ashby; Frosch, Dan (December 3, 2015). "Rifles Used in San Bernardino Shooting Illegal Under State Law: Weapons were legally purchased with magazine locking devices but altered to make them more powerful, ATF finds". The Wall Street Journal.
- Serrano, Richard A.; Esquivel, Paloma; Winton, Richard (December 2, 2015). "Authorities identify couple who they believe killed 14 at San Bernardino Christmas party". Los Angeles Times.
- "Police now say 21 people wounded in attack at California social service agency". Associated Press. December 3, 2015. Retrieved December 3, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "San Bernardino Shooting: 22nd injured victim steps forward, FBI says". The Press Enterprise. December 10, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "San Bernardino Shooting of 2015". CNBC. Retrieved Dec 2, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "14 Dead in California Shooting". Sky News. Retrieved Dec 2, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)